- What information do I need to provide when asking for quotation?
- How do I measure the windows?
- What do I have to look out for when choosing the right soft furnishings for my house?
- My house is in the midst of renovation, when should I hire your service?
- How is the payment method like?
- What is the lead time till the end of installation of my curtains?
1. What information do I need to provide when asking for quotation?
• Your floor plans or measurements of the windows or area that you are intending to do up.
• Your address, contact number and your soft furnishings preference if you would like us to drop by for an on-site free and no-obligation quotation.
2. How do I measure the windows?
• You will need a measuring tape that is long enough to measure the whole width and height needed to be covered by curtains or blinds. A retractable measuring tape commonly used by renovation contractor will be suitable.
• Measuring the width of the window grilles or the width of the whole wall if you want it to cover the entire wall.
3. What do I have to look out for when choosing the right soft furnishings for my house?
• Practicality – Day to day maintenance.
For example, if you dislike washing curtains, then Blinds may be a better choice as they don’t have to be washed at all, unlike curtains.
If you like the soft feel of curtains, fret not. You can achieve minimal maintenance with fabric curtains by choosing lighter materials or fabrics that don’t attract dust as much
• Functionality – Most basic question to ask yourself is what do you need your soft furnishings to achieve? Is it to block sunlight completely or to create a cosy and relaxing environment?
• Aesthetic – What kind of feel do I want to create? A simple way to start off is by asking yourself a few questions below:
Do I want a cosy and relaxed feel?
Do I prefer something modern and sophisticated?
Or do I like simple and tidy look?
• Price – How much should l budget for my soft furnishings? Well, it totally depends on how much you want to spend. Depending on your preference of fabric, the size and number of rooms you have, we have offerings ranging from a couple of hundreds onwards. Please also rest assured that our prices are transparent and we will only recommend what we think is suitable for your needs and most value for your money.
• Space constraints – Why is it necessary for onsite measurements and evaluation?
Sometimes certain curtain styles are not suitable due to space constrains and the design of the installation area. Eg. If the ceiling above your window is made up of false ceiling, then heavy curtain with iron rods may not be advisable as the weight of the curtain will be too much for your false ceiling to handle.
We also look out for nook and niches that may affect how the curtain have to be tailored and installed and will advise you accordingly.
Lastly, it is our responsibility to make sure the measurements we give to our tailors are accurate and precise so that your end product is what you can be satisfied with.
• Choice of fabric – How do I know what fabric to choose for my curtains?
This is a good question. The thickness and colour of the fabric chosen will affect significantly how the ambience of your interior will turn out. You may also like to consult our sales consultants to enquire about what are the colours that will match your furniture and décor well.
The facing of your house will also affect whether you will want fabric that can block out more sunlight. Eg. If your house is facing the west, you may need fabrics that block out the strong evening sun.
4. My house is in the midst of renovation, when should I hire your service?
Feel free to come by anytime as soon as when you have a floor plan or measurement of your windows. We generally take about 2 weeks to complete a residential project. We will then plan with you the best time to take on-site measurement and also to install your curtains and blinds.
5. How is the payment method like?
Down payment of 40% after finalization and full payment upon completion. Please rest assured that we only collect the remaining sum after you are completely satisfied with our finished product and services.
6. What is the lead time till the end of installation of my curtains?
7 – 14 days depending on fabric chosen. May take longer during peak period or subject to the availability of the fabrics.